If you own a Toyota Innova or plan to buy one soon, you might be wondering how much it costs to insure this popular MPV in the Philippines. Car insurance is not only a legal requirement but also a smart way to protect yourself and your vehicle from unexpected expenses due to accidents, thefts, natural disasters, and other risks.
In this article, we will explain the basics of car insurance in the Philippines, including the different types of coverage available, how much they cost for a Toyota Innova model, where to buy them online (including philvex.com as a comparison site), and how to get the best deal possible.
Overview of Toyota Innova
The Toyota Innova is one of the best-selling vehicles in the Philippines since its launch in 2005. It is a versatile MPV that can accommodate up to eight passengers and offers a comfortable ride with ample space and features. It also has a reliable performance with its 2.8-liter diesel engine that delivers 171 hp and 360 Nm of torque.
The Toyota Innova comes in six variants: J MT (manual transmission), E MT (manual transmission), E AT (automatic transmission), G MT (manual transmission), G AT (automatic transmission), and V AT (automatic transmission). The prices range from ₱1.18 million for the J MT variant to ₱1.75 million for the V AT variant.
How Much Is Car Insurance Premium for Toyota Innova in the Philippines?
The cost of car insurance premium depends on several factors such as your vehicle’s make, model, year, variant, engine displacement, market value, coverage type, insurance provider, and discounts or promotions available.
To provide you with an estimate of the cost of comprehensive car insurance for the variants of the 2022 Toyota Innova, we have compiled a list of updated prices from Philvex.com. You can refer to this list by adjusting the year filter to see how premiums may vary based on the year you select.
|Toyota Innova J 2800cc Diesel M/T RWD MPV 7-Seater
|₱16,879.32 - ₱18,094.84
|Toyota Innova G 2800cc Diesel M/T RWD MPV 7-Seater White Pearl
|₱21,118.21 - ₱22,690.66
|Toyota Innova G 2800cc Diesel A/T RWD MPV 7-Seater
|₱21,723.76 - ₱23,347.21
|Toyota Innova G 2800cc Diesel A/T RWD MPV 7-Seater White Pearl
|₱21,965.98 - ₱23,609.83
|Toyota Innova V 2800cc Diesel A/T RWD MPV 7-Seater
|₱23,540.43 - ₱25,316.84
|Toyota Innova V 2800cc Diesel A/T RWD MPV 7-Seater White Pearl
|₱23,661.54 - ₱25,448.16
|Toyota Innova E 2800cc Diesel A/T RWD MPV 7-Seater
|₱18,938.20 - ₱20,327.10
|Toyota Innova E 2800cc Diesel M/T RWD MPV 7-Seater
|₱18,090.43 - ₱19,407.93
|Toyota Innova G 2800cc Diesel M/T RWD MPV 7-Seater
|₱20,875.98 - ₱22,428.04
These are just average rates and may vary depending on your chosen insurance provider and other factors mentioned above. To get more accurate quotes, you can use online comparison sites like philvex.com where you can compare different car insurance policies from various providers in just a few clicks.
What Are The Types Of Car Insurance In The Philippines?
There are two main types of car insurance in the Philippines: compulsory third party liability (CTPL) and comprehensive car insurance:
- Compulsory Third-Party Liability (CTPL) Insurance. CTPL is mandatory by law for all car owners who want to register their vehicles with the Land Transportation Office (LTO). It covers only bodily injuries or deaths caused by your vehicle to third parties such as pedestrians or other drivers. It does not cover any damage to your own vehicle or property or any medical expenses for yourself or your passengers.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance. Comprehensive car insurance is optional but highly recommended for all car owners who want more protection for their vehicles. It covers not only third party liabilities but also damages caused by accidents, thefts, fire, explosion, vandalism, riots, strikes, civil commotion, natural disasters (such as typhoons, earthquakes, floods), and other perils. It also covers legal liabilities for third parties in case of death or bodily injury or property damage.
Comprehensive car insurance also offers additional benefits such as passenger personal accident coverage (up to 18 seats), towing service assistance and vehicle removal, ambulance service, legal assistance, and more. Some comprehensive car insurance policies also include acts of nature or acts of God coverage which covers damages caused by natural calamities that are beyond human control.
Comprehensive car insurance is highly recommended for Toyota Innova owners because it provides more financial protection and peace of mind than CTPL alone. It can help you avoid paying out-of-pocket expenses for repairing or replacing your vehicle or compensating third parties for their losses.
However, comprehensive car insurance also comes with a higher premium rate than CTPL. The premium rate depends on your vehicle’s market value, engine displacement, coverage type, insurance provider, and other factors.
To get the best comprehensive car insurance for your Toyota Innova at the lowest price possible, you need to compare different policies from different providers and choose the one that suits your needs and budget. You can do this easily online using comparison sites like philvex.com where you can get free quotes from various car insurance companies in just a few minutes.
Other Types of Car Insurance in the Philippines
Apart from CTPL and comprehensive car insurance, there are other types of car insurance that you can consider for your Toyota Innova. These include:
- Collision coverage: This covers damages to your vehicle caused by collision with another vehicle or object. It usually has a deductible, which is an amount you need to pay before the coverage will help you with your claim. Collision coverage is usually included in comprehensive car insurance policies but can also be purchased separately.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This covers damages to your vehicle caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver who is at fault for the accident. It also covers bodily injuries or deaths of you and your passengers caused by such drivers. Uninsured motorist insurance is usually included in comprehensive car insurance policies but can also be purchased separately.
- Personal injury or accident insurance: This covers medical expenses for you and your passengers due to injuries sustained in a car accident. It also covers death benefits and disability benefits if applicable. Personal injury or accident insurance is usually offered as an add-on to comprehensive car insurance policies but can also be purchased separately.
- Gap insurance: This covers the difference between the actual cash value of your vehicle and the amount you owe on your loan or lease if your vehicle is totaled or stolen. Gap insurance is usually offered by lenders or dealers when you finance or lease a new vehicle but can also be purchased separately.
These are some of the additional types of car insurance that you can choose from depending on your needs and preferences. However, keep in mind that adding more coverage will also increase your premium rate so make sure to compare different options and find the best balance between protection and cost.
- Car insurance is a legal requirement and a financial protection for car owners in the Philippines.
- There are different types of car insurance such as CTPL, comprehensive car insurance, collision coverage, uninsured motorist insurance, personal injury or accident insurance, and gap insurance.
- Car insurance rates vary depending on various factors such as the type of car, the type of coverage, the deductible amount, the driving record, the credit score etc.
- There are smart ways to save money on car insurance such as asking for discounts, asking for higher deductibles, dropping unnecessary coverages, updating policies based on lifestyle changes, being a smart and safe driver, getting a car that costs less to insure, keeping the car safe, and improving the credit rating.
Car insurance is not only a legal obligation but also a wise investment for car owners in the Philippines. It can protect you from financial losses and liabilities in case of accidents or damages involving your vehicle. However, car insurance can also be expensive if you don’t know how to choose the right coverage and provider for your needs. By following the tips and tricks that we have shared in this article you can save money on car insurance for your Toyota Innova without compromising your protection. You can also use online tools like Philvex.com to compare different car models and their corresponding insurance rates and find the best deal for your budget and preference.