Thank you for visiting Philvex.com ("PhilVex") website (the "Site"). At PhilVex, we value our customers and are committed to protecting your privacy, as well as safeguarding the information we receive and maintain about you. PhilVex only obtains consumer data through lawful and transparent processes and will obtain explicit consent to collection of personal information where required by law. We only share it as expressly allowed by law.
Information We Collect
PhilVex is committed to obtaining user data through lawful and transparent means, with explicit consent where required by law. In order for us to provide you with quality service, we may collect the following information:
- Personal Account Information — any information that are required to access your account such login information including, but not limited to, your account id, encrypted password, email address, and screen name. PhilVex collects personally identifiable information only when you make it available through your use of the Site;
- Contact Information — any information you provide that will allow us to contact you such as your name, phone number, and email address;
- Car Dealer's Location — refers to seller's location (exclusive to certified car dealers). This information is shared only with prior approval to PhilVex. This is to ensure the safety of both sellers and buyers when using the Site with maps services such as Find Cars on Maps, and Car Dealers Locator. Moreover, any user's location being shared, arising from using these maps services, is not collected, and is not stored to our database. This information leaves only to user's device (share and forget).
- Third-party Service Information — when you opt to login or create an account to PhilVex using third-party service like Facebook or Google, we may collect, store, and periodically update information associated with that third-party account. This information is limited ONLY to your account id, name, email address, and profile picture. Any information beyond the explicitly stated above information coming from that third-party account are neither accessed nor stored to our database;
- Transactional Information — any information in connection with your use of the Site such as follows:
- Listing to sell — this refers to seller's vehicle information, a public information posted as advertisement;
- Reviews — all user's reviews are posted publicly;
- Followers and Following — all your followers as well as the accounts that you are following are public;
- Likes (Saved Listings) — this information is private to user only.
- Other Information — any information necessary for our provision of products and services depending on how you interact with PhilVex. For using PhilVex's products and services, the users will have to agree to the terms of collecting personal information from the system. If customers refuse to provide information, we do not guarantee the best service. All declared information must ensure accuracy and legality. PhilVex does not assume any responsibility related to the law of incorrect or illegal information or the quality and warranty of users' goods.
Use of Information
The information collected by us may be used for the following purposes:
- Screening and verifying listing details before posting;
- Managing the number of customers using the services;
- Managing promotion notifications, providing promotion information to buyers, such as latest promotion information and new products or services;
- Supporting customers when using PhilVex products and services;
- Improving service quality and analyzing customers' requests at the same time; and
- Fulfilling any other purposes related to the purposes stated above.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your ‘Philvex.com’ password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify ‘Philvex.com’ and change your password.
Your information is stored on a cloud server where our database is placed. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.